Stay Healthy during YCSS
I'm sure you remember the bit about your fiduciary duty to take care of yourself from Sam Altman's first YCSS lecture. Startups are hard & it's easy to forget to take care of your health & well-being.
I agree with Sam that in the long run you'll just shoot yourself in the foot if you don't take of your health. Been there, done that & I think I can help you live a healthier lifestyle while you go through 10 weeks of YCSS madness.
I am a Certified Tiny Habits Coach: I help people build daily healthy habits. I use the Tiny Habits method BJ Fogg developed as a researcher at Stanford. It's a surprisingly simple method to make tiny adjustments to your daily life that will have a long-term impact on your behaviour and personality. Here's the gist of what I typically teach:
- Habit building is a skill that can be learned.
- It's a fun, effective & surprisingly simple skill.
- Total time commitment is less than 30 minutes.
- You willl start to see results after 5 days.
- Building healthy habits works better with a coach.
Here's my offer to YcSS PARTICIPANTS: I WILL TEACH YOU THE TINY HABITS METHOD & PROVIDE 5 days of one-on-one PRIVATE coaching VIA CHAT. PM ME ON MATTERMOST IF INTERESTED: Francis Dierick (@fitchat)
Tiny Habits 101
This section contains everything you need to know about Tiny Habits to get started. I know your time is precious so I thought it'd be useful to have a single repository with all the materials I typically use with my clients.
- Anchor Moments : a big list of example anchor moments that can be used as triggers for new tiny habits. Just for inspiration, feel free to define your own!
- 10 Super Successful Tiny Habit Recipes : a list of the most successful Tiny Habits. I strongly encourage you to try at least one of these!
- 102 Tiny Habit Celebrations : doing the celebration immediately after doing the habit is probably the single most important thing about Tiny Habits.
- Tiny Habits Recipe Maker : I expect exactly ZERO people in this audience to print this out but it's a great visual reminder of what the tiny habits recipe is & contains some good example celebrations.
- After my feet hit the floor in the morning, I will stretch and say, “It’s going to be a great day!”
- After I turn on my computer, I will close my eyes and take 2 deep breaths.
- After my head hits the pillow at night, I will say one thing that I am thankful for.